It’s been a flagship year for Tech Alpharetta. In 2019:
- More than 750 of you joined us at our 16 tech thought leadership events;
- Lieutenant Governor Geoff Duncan shared his tech vision for Georgia at our August Speaker Series;
- We added 13 exceptional tech leaders to our Strategic Board;
- We launched our Tech Alpharetta Women’s Forum;
- We launched our new website, techalpharetta.com;
- Our incubator has been home to 55 tech startups developing innovative software, med devices, biotech, and hardware;
- Two of our startups, Maptician and Oval Edge, graduated from our incubator and headquartered in Alpharetta;
- Our startup members and graduates received more than $25 million in investor funding;
- 141 programs and 236 mentoring sessions took place at our incubator; and
- More than 175 pounds of fresh fruit and 20,000 cups of coffee were consumed at our incubator.
More than 700 tech companies call Alpharetta home, and our city continues to attract and grow new businesses and talent. Tech Alpharetta is proud to help foster that growth by connecting greater Alpharetta area technologists at our monthly thought leadership events, the Tech CEO Forum, and our new Women’s Forum, and by linking our startups to resources that can help them to succeed.
Looking ahead to 2020, we’re excited to begin the year with our January 14 Speaker Series, Mobility Megatrends: How Tech is Changing the Future of Urban Transportation, featuring Paul Lafata, CEO of Lab1886 USA, Daimler Mercedes’ innovation lab.
We follow that with our February 26 Speaker Series, featuring Edwin Marcial, founding CTO of Intercontinental Exchange, who’ll share The Story of ICE: From Startup to $22 Billion Market Cap. You can check out the rest of our monthly events for 2020 at https://techalpharetta.com/event/2020-monthly-community-event/.
We’re also looking forward to growing our partnership with the new Innovation Academy STEM high school in Alpharetta in 2020 and to launching our Industry Interface program, connecting area enterprise companies with our startup founders. Our Board companies will be helping to lead both of these new initiatives.
Thank you all for your support, your ideas, and your enthusiastic engagement. I wish you very happy holidays with your friends and families, and a happy, healthy and prosperous 2020!