2022 has been a busy growth year once again for Tech Alpharetta.
In 2022, we
1) began the year virtually, before resuming Tech Alpharetta’s in-person programs and events. The resumption of live events reminded all of us that virtual events, as useful as they are, can never fully replace the inimitable impact and value of in-person connections.
2) drove more. I, for one, was perfectly happy to drive into Atlanta regularly this year, to attend live events and conferences that I no longer take for granted.
3) discovered that startups have adopted hybrid schedules, too. Our incubator is sometimes mobbed, and sometimes, far quieter. The evolution of the workspace continues to evolve, (while our startups’ appetite for copious quantities of coffee does not).
4) witnessed firsthand the powerful, positive impact of mentoring young women. We launched our Women’s Forum’s STEAM Mentoring Program at FCS’ Innovation Academy high school in Alpharetta in 2022. Our female executive mentors and our cohort of female student mentees have found the mentoring sessions to be so impactful. We’re working to help inspire more girls to pursue careers in STEAM, and we can’t wait to expand our program in 2023.
5) teamed up with metro area startup incubators and the Metro Atlanta Chamber, as part of ATL Unlocked, enthusiastically embracing the need to connect the region’s innovation hubs to better serve the startup and innovation community.
6) celebrated a perfect, sunny day of golf with the tech community at our 2nd Annual Tech Alpharetta Golf Classic.
7) welcomed more than 2,000 tech executives, including founders, to our educational, tech thought leadership, and networking programs and events, fostering new connections and synergies.
8) were grateful for our close partnership with the city of Alpharetta, whose support helps to make our mission and work possible.
9) recognized the 20th startup graduate from our Innovation Center, and we couldn’t be prouder. Together, our startup graduates have created nearly 2,000 new jobs for the state of Georgia, including 1,200 new jobs for the city of Alpharetta.
What’s on tap for 2023?
For starters, we’ll explore cutting-edge topics on monetizing the metaverse, harnessing edge computing, and more, at our monthly Speaker Series events; we’ll continue to help visionary founders to launch and scale their startups; we’ll expand our STEAM Mentoring Program, as we work to help close the gender gap in STEAM careers; we’ll be launching a tech and leadership training series to serve area companies; and we’ll be exploring even more new opportunities to grow and serve our area tech community.
Thanks to all of you for your support in 2022. We wish you and your families a very happy holiday season and much happiness, good health, and success in 2023.
Karen Cashion, President & CEO